Quantcast

Register plugin Driver for iRedmail - FIXED! Read the solution

325 325

Register plugin Driver for iRedmail - FIXED! Read the solution

This post was updated on .
Hi,

Which driver for Register plugin should be used with latest iRedmail package with installed PostfixAdmin and MySQL backend?

By default iRedmail has the following DBs:

 amavisd
 iredadmin
 policyd
 roundcubemail
 vmail

Thanks.

Solution:

Pre-requirements:

After you've installed iRedMail you will need to install PostfixAdmin, which is NOT included anymore by default with the latest version of iRedMail.
Follow the instructions here: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?title=Addition/Install.PostfixAdmin.For.MySQL.Backend

1. Install Plugin_manager plugin
2. Install Taskbar plugin
3. Install Register plugin
4. During configuration of Register plugin, use Postfix driver.
5. Postfix driver MySQL connection configuration:
 - use vmailadmin as User
 - use password value for User vmailadmin from iredadmin settings.ini (check iredmail URL above)
 - use database name: vmail

Bingo! You will see the register link in the upper taskbar of your Roundcube Login Page and you will be able to register now.
You may validate, that newly created user appears in PostfixAdmin panel as well.

For the $4 you did wonderful work, thanks!
rosali rosali

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

Look into drivers folder to see which drivers are implmeneted/supported.
--
MyRoundCube Project http://myroundcube.com
MyRoundCube Online Demos http://s1.myroundcube.com http://s2.myroundcube.com
325 325

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

i've seen which ones i have.

hmail
cpanel
postfix

Since, i'm running postfix (iRedmail) using postfix.

There is NO postfix database within the iRedmail installation.

What i thought is - if you know your product, you may advise which DB i need to set into driver config.

Thanks.
MyRoundcube Support MyRoundcube Support

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

Postfix driver has been contributed by a user. I have coded
hmail and cpanel drivers. I don't use postfix. Maybe there
are different postfix distributions. Obviously this driver
expects a database based postfix configuration.

http://myroundcube-plugins.40634.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

--
MyRoundcube Dev Team
www.myroundcube.com

MyRoundcube Dev Team
www.myroundcube.com
MyRoundcube Support MyRoundcube Support

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

OK, the included driver is for postfixadmin_db

http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugin-manager
http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/

www.myroundcube.com
325 325

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

This post was updated on .

I didn't see your reply in whole, just paid attention to the "see more" link and found that this driver is for postfix admin.

I will try to deal with that.

However, I can't register this Plugin.
After following your ReadMe page for this plugin i'm getting the following error:

Plugin Manager detected plugins in plugin_manager configuration which are not installed on the server.

Remove these plugins from plugin_manager configuration or download and install them properly.

Section: register Plugin: protected
array (
  'protected' => true,
)
Section: register Plugin: hosts
array (
  'hosts' =>
  array (
    'active' => NULL,
  ),
)
Section: register Plugin: active
array (
  'active' => true,
)

Thanks.
MyRoundcube Support MyRoundcube Support

Re: Register plugin Driver for iRedmail with postfix/dovecot etc ...

I believe you are totally confused. In iRedmail you will use vmailadmin and its password. It works properly and we have used it for a long time.

The first post in this thread has a clear idea on how to to use it. Even though postfixadmin installation is not a requirement.

Please make sure to follow these steps:

** Taskbar and register plugins should be already present in your installation with or without plugin_manager

1)
 $ cd /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.8.2/plugins/register
 $ cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php
 $ vi config.inc.php

---
/* driver */
$rcmail_config['register_driver'] = 'postfix';

/* here go your domains where users can sign up */

$rcmail_config['webadddoms']['default'][] = "your_first_domain.com";
$rcmail_config['webadddoms']['other'][]   = "your_other_domain.com";

/* Disallowed accounts */
$rcmail_config['disallowedaccounts'] = array(
        0 => 'postmaster',
        1 => 'abuse',
        2 => 'webmaster',
        3 => 'payment',
        4 => 'billing',
        5 => 'noreply'
);

/* Password min length */
$rcmail_config['password_min_length'] = 6;
---
2) Configure your postfix driver:
 $ cd /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.8.2/plugins/register/drivers/postfix
 $ $ cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php
 $ vi config.inc.php

---
/* Postfix database settings */
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw_postfix'] = 'mysql://vmailadmin:d4xrfrXp8b8yx76s2Da51xZrBmUDuh@localhost/vmail?new_link=true';

/* Mailbox Limit (MB, 0 = unlimited) */
$rcmail_config['mailbox_limit'] = 100;
---

Just using vmailadmin and its password EVEN without installing postfixadmin it should work for you. Tested and used in production with iRedMail-0.8.3.

Greetings
MyRoundcube Dev Team
www.myroundcube.com